You’re panting for breath 3 miles in and wondering: what am I doing to myself? There’s no question about it: endurance workouts, whether it’s a half-marathon or a 20-mile bike ride, can be challenging to get through. We’ve asked users what goes on in their heads during a tough workout. The answers range from practical to motivational. How many of these can you relate to?
1. Can’t stop, won’t stop!
2. Distract your mind with math.
3. Nature, nature everywhere. Soak it up!
4. The never-ending questions…and complaints.
5. Fixate on the landmarks along the way.
6. Master your mind with a mantra. It can be motivating or mundane.
7. Remind yourself of your priorities.
8. Use logic.
9. But, sometimes desperate measures need to be considered.
10. And, of course, the classic “Am I there yet?”