One of the biggest complaints we hear from our running community is that it’s difficult to stay on pace while training. Setting a goal is easy, but making sure you’re staying on track is easier said than done. That’s where Mobile Coaching comes in. Mobile Coaching is an MVP feature that allows you to set specific goals and receive voice feedback during your workout.
You can choose from the following goal types:
- Pace: How fast you are moving (typically measured by runners)
- Speed: How fast you are moving (typically measured by cyclists)
- Distance: How far (in miles, or kilometers) you go
- Duration: How long (in minutes) your workout was
- Calories: How many calories you would like to burn per workout
- Heart Rate Zone: Set zones (based on beats per minute) and stay within the proper range
- WILLpower: Under Armour’s single score of how hard your body has worked during a training session, on a scale of 0.0 – 10.0
After you have selected a goal type, you can add custom details fit to your specific workout. Need an example?
Lets’ say you have just signed up for your first half-marathon. You are looking for an interval program that will allow you mix in walking along with running. Enable Mobile Coaching from the Record Workout screen within the app, select ‘Time Interval,’ and then choose how long you want each interval (in minutes), and then select the number of intervals. Once you begin this workout you will receive voice feedback instructing you when to slow down or speed up.
You can read more about Mobile Coaching in our Help Center, or leave comments below and someone from our team will get back to you.
Upgrade to MVP now to turn on Mobile Coaching and get one month free with code TRYMVP1.
*This code expires 7/31/14.