We are proud to introduce our best iPhone app ever: Version 5. Brighter, faster, cleaner, fully optimized for iOS 7 and packed with upgrades. MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk, and MapMyFitness are all updated and available for free download here.
We’ve listened to your feedback to create a better user experience across the board that is also visually consistent with your other favorite iOS 7 apps. Here’s what you can find in our latest release:
New Tracking Experience
- 3D interactive map moves with you during your workout. Know exactly where you are and how far you’ve gone by dragging your fingers to create the view that’s best for you.
- Introducing Map Pins! Find the nearest restroom, water fountain, trailhead and more. Help your community by dropping a pin if you find something new. (Tip: all pins are public, so make sure any information you’re leaving along the way is useful for others!)
- Updated Sensor bar: We play nice with others, including all of your favorite fitness trackers. View illuminated logos for sensor connections and social posting settings as you work out.
- Primary Stats view: Scrolling stats keep you in the know, on the go. (Tip: double-tap each stat to set your standard view)
- Slide to Finish: We’ve made it easier to end your workout. Don’t get cut off short by accidental button slips. (Tip: pause your workout for new additional controls – drop a pin or take a photo!)
- Route Genius for MVP: In a new city or need a new route? You pick the distance, we’ll create a route that starts and ends at your current location.
- Redesigned Music: The in-app music player has been totally redesigned and is now a free feature. Choose your playlist and it will automatically start playing when you tap ‘Start.’
- New Activity Feed: Farewell activity ticker, hello activity feed! Drill into your friends latest workouts and comment on them directly.
- Live Tracking: View your friends working out around you in real time on the Recording map.
- Sharing and commenting on workouts has a new design and location, now at the top of your completed workouts page.
- Lifetime stats profile: View your lifetime stats and activity graph across time (day, week, month or year AND by activity type). Also, you can now edit your profile photo in the app.
- ‘What’s New’ updates: iOS 7 has the capability to update your apps automatically. Because of this, we’ve added a feature that lets you view exactly what’s new in the latest release.
This update was built specifically for all of you and we want to hear your feedback. Spend some time trying out our new features and leave comments below.
As always, if you have any problems or question, please visit support.mapmyfitness.com.
In the meantime, enjoy!