You might notice a few new features in our latest iPhone update. We’re providing fresh ways to document each run, and the features to share socially post-workout. Do you remember your run from earlier this year? Well, now you can with workout descriptions, improved social media sharing, and a new rating scale.
Here’s what you can find in our latest release:
- Fitness Status Message: How did your workout go? Tell your friends by adding in-app descriptions and notes after your workout and then share directly to Facebook and Twitter to document your session.
- Better Facebook Sharing: We’ve updated our mobile Facebook sharing to highlight your workout through larger maps and more details directly on your timeline. Now with Open Graph, you can search your Fitness activity feed and see every workout completed over time. The big maps that show in your friend’s newsfeed are more likely to grab their attention so be prepared for some additional props along the way!
- Share Pre-Workout: Within the app, select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Social Posting.’ Here you can auto-post at the beginning, during or after your workout. You can also schedule auto-posts after selecting ‘Record’ for your workout.
- Share Post-Workout: After your workout, select ‘Save’ and then select your social sharing options (Facebook or Twitter). It’s here you can add a custom message and rating for your workout.
*Make sure you have granted the app permission to access your social accounts before sharing.
- Rate My Run: We’re bringing you a new way to remember each run from our friends at Brooks Running Company. Post-workout, runners will have the ability to rate how they feel after each workout – from ‘crushed my goal’ to “took it easy,” so you can remember every step of the way. If you join the Brooks Fit Group, you can view a real-time newsfeed of other runners nationwide who are hitting the pavement, just like you.
- Minor Clean Up: Technology can be buggy. With every app update, we make sure that any problems you are experiencing with our product are fixed. If it’s important to you, it’s important to us. Fixes in this release include features for cadence sensors, duplicate workouts, and an issue that could prevent graphs from displaying. We’re happy to report things are back in order!
Version 4.6.6 is now live on MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyFitness and MapMyWalk. Download on the app store and get moving.
Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.