By Thomas Buba, Events & Business Development
From world-class marathon to local Turkey-trot, runners, cyclists and walkers participating in races and events love digital tools to help them get the most from their experience. MapMyFitness offers a variety of great widgets and tools to help event directors integrate web and mobile tools to enhance their Big Day for participants and sponsors alike!
Why Use MapMyFitness Tools for Event Directors: Marketing Benefits
- Both the Course and Route Widgets allow for sellable sponsorships as fixed branding on your event website, newsletter or blog.
- Additional measurable engagement
- Banners for Course Challenge start and stop allow for sellable onsite branding opportunities that are highly visible to all participants and spectators.
- More than the register -> show up -> participate -> go home, additional challenges allow for more interest in your event, more chances to win, compete against friends or similar athletes, and more FUN.
- Fully supported on MapMyFitness sites for deeper level of race day analytics for participants.
- Strong brand alignment with one of the largest fitness app/connected health companies in the world.
- Social and web co-brand and registration boosting opportunities with MapMyFitness. Bring in more racers!
Custom Map Creation
Custom mapping tools allow you to create printable race route maps for your event. With access to map markers, let participants know where aid stations, water, bathrooms and parking are with clear and easy to read icons.
3D Flyover Widget
Our 3D flyover tool takes your map to the next level. This feature allows your race participants and spectators to see a 3D aerial view of the entire course before the event.
Embeddable Race Route Widget
The Route Widget, available for free on any of the MapMyFitness sites, allows you to easily embed an interactive race route directly on your event website. Customize your layout and data shown to add value and a higher level of interactivity to your event page, blog or newsletters. Participants can even send the route directly to their smartphone where it will load for them to track their run/ride on race day.
Course Challenge Widget
What is a Course? Courses are portions of routes that are used to compare your effort against yourself or other members on the course Leaderboard.
Create a race day Challenge with the Course Tool
Every race has its tough spots. Either a steep hill or a long climb, our Course tool allows you to create an official “event within the event”. Working with the staff at MapMyFitness, you can add an additional level of competition for your participants. With our proprietary Leaderboards, you can award prizes for participation in selectable categories like gender and age. Draw more interest and more registrations by introducing another fun and unique element to your race with a Course Challenge!
For more information, contact email@example.com.