MapMyFitness is excited to announce the much-anticipated launch of our new MVP service – bringing you twelve (yes, twelve) new and updated features to improve your training across the board. As we continue to grow, we have listened to your wants and needs and have implemented a list of features that is sure to impress. So, what’s new?
Route Genius:This new tool allows you to create quick maps by entering your desired area and distance goal (both online and on your phone). If you’re looking for a route (either in a new city or new part of town) use route genius to auto create a new route for you to save, print or share.
Custom Splits: Looking for more options to measure your workouts? Now you can divide workout splits by additional distances. Choose from different split distances for a more tailored workout report (from .1 mile to 10 mile split options).
Heart Rate: It’s not always about being the fastest. Whether your fitness goal is weight loss, maximizing performance or improving your overall health, heart rate training is the most effective way to track your intensity during a workout. Monitoring your heart rate is simple and will help guide you towards the right intensity at which to train. Available both online and on your phone, now you can improve your performance by tracking your min, max and average heart rate per mile and measure your total time in each heart rate zone.
Power: During your next ride, measure your workout effort with power analytics. Add power to track your peak power output per mile and measure your overall effort in each power zone for more efficient training. Among others, having a constant measure of power helps you establish your baseline fitness and accurately measure even the smallest fitness gains.
We haven’t forgotten about some of your favorite features – which can all be accessed through our MVP membership.
- Cadence Analysis: Track cadence on your runs and rides to improve speed and efficiency. The higher your cadence is, the faster you’ll be.
- Advanced Map Features: Plan, customize and print routes for your next run, ride or fitness activity. Use map markers to call out specific miles, water stops, turns and more.
- Training Plans: Whether you’re just getting started or an experienced athlete, achieve your fitness goal by choosing a training plan that’s right for you.
- Advanced Leaderboard Filters: Enjoy some friendly competition and see how you stack up against other athletes in your age group.
- Live Tracking: Use Live Tracking to let your friends and family track your workouts in real time on the web or from your mobile phone.
- Interval Training: Improve your training with high intensity and recovery paced interval repetitions. Define total time, warm up and cool down segments.
- Mobile Coaching: Coaching allows you to train with custom workout goals. Choose a distance, pace, speed or time goal to stay on track.
- No ads: Enjoy the full MapMy* experience with no advertising.
Along with the most comprehensive feature set, we are also arming MVP members with the option to get connected with devices to track activity – including heart rate straps, and CycleOps Joule bundle packages. Our goal is to help you stay on track and lead healthy, fit lives – and we know you’ll be ready with our MVP service.
Upgrade today and stay tuned for more announcements coming soon around challenges, groups and devices! Stay fit.